Brian Solodky’s practice is focused on workers’ compensation litigation in the firm’s Portland office. Mr. Solodky is a graduate of Northwestern School of Law Lewis & Clark. Brian believes that open and productive attorney-client communication is an essential element to client success.
Brian M. Solodky
My approach to workers’ compensation defense is premised on an unwavering commitment to provide effective and creative advice, coupled with bold advocacy, to advance the interests of clients and mitigate potential liability.
Responsiveness, professionalism, integrity, and reliability are the cornerstones of my practice. Achieving positive results in a timely and effective manner is of paramount importance. To this end, I realize productive attorney-client communication is a fundamental key to success. My role as an attorney is not only to execute the strategy authorized by clients, but to keep them fully apprised at all times regarding their cases.
As any given claim evolves, so must our strategy. Solid legal advice is critical in the fast-paced environment of workers’ compensation claims management. Our firm has the resources and the commitment to recommend and implement proactive measures quickly as a claim progresses in order to ensure that our client’s goals are at all times being pursued.
- Juris Doctor, Northwestern School of Law of Lewis & Clark, 1997
- Bachelor of Arts, Shippensburg University, 1994
- Oregon Self-Insurers Association
- Oregon State Bar
- Workers’ Compensation Section
- "Inclement weather and commutes: A recipe for what in Oregon?," April 14, 2017
- "Distinguishing between injuries and diseases can impact Oregon claim processing," June 30, 2016
- "Options to investigate and defense against mental stress claims in Oregon," February 8, 2016
- "Social/recreational exception to compensability in Oregon narrowed by U.S. Bank v. Pohrman," November 6, 2015
Recent speaking topics
- "Post-Closure Treatment Requests and Aggravation Claims: the Boomerang Effect," client continuing education seminar, June 20, 2017
- "Life of an Oregon Workers’Compensation Claim," client continuing education seminar, June 15, 2016
- "Getting Your Money's Worth: The Oregon Workers' Benefit Fund," Oregon Claims School Seminar presented by Reinisch Wilson Weier PC, March 30, 2016
- "Penalty Avoidance: Potential Pitfalls," client continuing education seminar, June 19, 2015 and June 23, 2015
- "Interim Medical Benefits: Rule Changes," client continuing education seminar, March 19, 2015
- “Case Law Update: Schleiss /Brown,” client continuing education seminar, July 23, 2014
- “Case Law Update,” client continuing education seminar, June 23, 2014
- “Settlement Evaluations/Communication and Documentation,” client continuing education seminar, June 3, 2014
- “Mitigating PPD Exposure after Schleiss,” Oregon Workers Compensation Spring 2014 Seminar, March 20, 2014
- “Time Loss: The Fundamentals,” client continuing education seminar, June 13, 2013
- “Combined Condition Denials: Just the Facts,” client continuing education seminar, March 26, 2013