Charles P. Pearson
Charles P. Pearson, an associate attorney with Reinisch Wilson Weier PC, handles a variety of workers’ compensation defense matters. He is admitted to practice law in Washington, Oregon, Florida and Georgia.
Prior to joining Reinisch Wilson Weier PC, Charles practiced law as part of a boutique civil litigation firm serving clients in Florida and Georgia, where he was able to garner a high degree of practical experience in both of state and federal law. Notably, upon passing the Florida Bar Examination with one of the highest scores in Florida, Chief Judge Joseph Lewis Jr. invited Charles to participate in the First District Court of Appeal’s new attorney induction ceremony as an honorary speaker.
Before becoming a litigator, however, Charles worked as a law clerk in Adecco Group N.A., where he drafted, negotiated and reviewed employment-related contracts. Additionally, Charles was privileged to start his legal career as an intern for Magistrate Judge Joel B. Toomey of the United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida.
Charles graduated magna cum laude from Florida Coastal School of Law, where he was a staff editor for the Florida Coastal Law Review and award-winning advocate on the nationally-ranked Moot Court Honor Board. Not only was the Honor Board ranked number one in the nation for the two consecutive years that Charles was a member, he personally won a number of advocacy awards, including a national best advocate award, a national championship, two national semi-finalist awards, a regional best advocate award, a regional semi-finalist award and a regional quarter finalist award. As a successful competitor, Charles had the privilege of arguing in front of several federal circuit court judges and state supreme court justices—one of the highlights of his law school experience.
Communication, attention, and integrity—these are the qualities that a client should demand from an attorney. I strive to offer these very traits. Firstly, I believe that an essential part of my role as an attorney is to update, inform and explain. A client should never be left in the dark. Secondly, a client should be able to rely upon his or her attorney, knowing full well that nothing will fall through the cracks. On this point, I take pride in my responsiveness and attention to detail. Finally, and most importantly, your attorney should be worthy of your trust. I will work hard to earn yours through honest and diligent legal representation.
- Juris Doctor (magna cum laude), Florida Coastal School of Law, Jacksonville
- Florida Coastal Law Review
- Moot Court Honor Board
- Duberstein Bankruptcy Moot Court Competition, National Best Advocate, Honorable Mention, National Semi-Finalists
- August A. Rendigs Products Liability Moot Court Competition, National Champions
- Emory Civil Rights and Liberties Moot Court Competition, National Semi-Finalists
- New York Bar National Moot Court Competition, Atlantic-South Region, Regional Best Advocate, Regional Quarter-Finalists
- Eleventh Circuit Bankruptcy Moot Court Competition, Regional Quarter-Finalists
- Master of Arts, Political Science, Portland State University
- Bachelor of Arts, Political Science University of California, Santa Barbara
- One Year Abroad at Pontificia Universidad Católica De Chile
Memberships and Community
- Member, Washington Bar Association
- Member, Florida Bar Association
- Member, Georgia Bar Association
- Member, Oregon State Bar
- Member, Jacksonville Bar Association
- Member, Federal Bar Association, Jacksonville Chapter
Recent speaking engagements
- "2016 Significant Washington Appeals and Supreme Court Decisions," 2017 Washington Claims School presented by Reinisch Wilson Weier PC, June 14, 2017
Charles was born and raised in southern California. Throughout his life, Charles has lived years in several foreign countries—including Argentina, Chile, Panama, and Turkey—while traveling to many more. This experience has given Charles an international perspective and has allowed him to gain proficiency in both Spanish and Turkish. When Charles isn’t working at Reinisch Wilson Weier PC, he enjoys reading the newspaper, cooking, gardening, watching basketball and traveling.