Mary E. Briedé
Mary E. Briedé is a litigation attorney in the firm’s Oregon practice group and is based in the Portland office. Mary’s practice is focused on the defense of employers and insurers in Oregon workers’ compensation claims. Mary has been a licensed attorney since 2003. She served as a state prosecutor for seven years and practiced as a commercial litigator for seven years. Mary has spent countless hours litigating cases in the courtroom and advocating at the negotiating table. In addition to her extensive discovery and trial experience, Mary has over ten years of investigative experience. Mary is licensed to practice law in Oregon, Florida, and Minnesota (not currently authorized to practice-voluntary inactive status).
Mary believes not only in serving her clients, but also in serving her community through various civic and professional organizations. She is Secretary for the Oregon State Bar Unlawful Practice of Law Committee, Board Member for Girls on the Run Portland Metro, and Member of the Multnomah Bar Association Professionalism Committee. Mary also contributed as an author for the Oregon State Bar Legal Publication Rights of Veterans and Military Servicemembers (2017 ed.).
Mary joined Reinisch Wilson Weier PC in 2017.
I serve clients as both counselor and advocate. My role as counselor includes careful listening, evaluating issues, presenting options, explaining the law, and guiding decisions. As advocate, I promote my client’s position and zealously fight to serve their best interests based on the facts, circumstances and law as every case is different and should be evaluated on its own merits. I effectively serve clients as their counselor and advocate by being open and honest, direct and assured, detailed and decisive, reasonable and practical, and responsive and reliable. Those who know me know that my word means something and I do what I say I am going to do.
- Juris Doctor,William Mitchell College of Law, St. Paul, Minnesota, 2003
- Assistant Editor, William Mitchell Law Review
- Bachelor of Science, University of Minnesota-Twin Cities, Minneapolis, Minnesota, 1996
- Associate Degree, University of Wisconsin-Fox Valley, Menasha, Wisconsin, 1993
Memberships and Community
- Multnomah Bar Association
- Professionalism Committee
- Board Member, Girls on the Run Portland Metro
- Secretary, Oregon State Bar Unlawful Practice of Law Committee
- Oregon Women Lawyers
- Trial Judge, Lewis & Clark Law School Moot Court Mock Trial Competition
- Co-author, Rights of Veterans and Military Servicemembers. Oregon State Bar (2017 ed.)
Mary enjoys running (finishing nine marathons to date), gardening, hiking, tennis, gourmet cooking, reading and exploring Oregon.