Ned Arenberg is a litigator in the firm’s Oregon practice group. Ned’s practice is focused on the defense of employers and insurers in Oregon workers’ compensation claims. Prior to joining the firm, Ned was a trial attorney and special assistant attorney general for SAIF Corporation, representing employers large and small in workers’ compensation litigation. Prior to that, Ned worked for another prominent workers’ compensation defense firm, representing largely self-insured clients. Immediately following law school, Ned began his practice as a civil litigator defending against tort claims for a Medford firm specializing in insurance defense. Ned is a graduate of the University of Oregon, School of Law.
Ned A. Arenberg
I strive to represent clients with an insightful and effective plan of action that is tailored to the individual goals of the client and the legal challenges posed by the particular claim. I provide practical and efficient solutions to complex legal disputes, minimizing client exposure while maintaining exceptional communication with my clients. I believe in the zealous advocacy of my clients, which involves not just an aggressive defense of their interests, but also a commitment to ensuring effective communication to ensure a strategic approach to litigation that will lead to a positive outcome for their particular business interests.
- Juris Doctor, University of Oregon School of Law, 2008
- Bachelor of Science, Criminal Justice and Philosophy, Guilford College, 2005
Memberships and Community
- Oregon State Bar Association
- Workers’ Compensation Section
- "General or specific Oregon denials? That is the question!," March 10, 2017
- "Increased claimants’ attorney fee exposure inevitable as Oregon HB 2764 passes into law," September 3, 2015
- "Oregon HB 2581 proposes sweeping changes to insurers’ IME rights and claimants’ WRME entitlements," May 26, 2015
Recent speaking topics
- "What You (K)need to Know About Combined Conditions in the Knee" (co-presented with Dr. Todd Lewis), Oregon Claims School Seminar presented by Reinisch Wilson Weier PC, March 22, 2017
- "New Rules and Pain Points: Division 60 and other 2017 changes you need to know," client continuing education seminar, February 22, 2017
- "Free Falling: Idiopathic falls, the Mixed Risk Doctrine, Increased Danger rule, and the 'Arising Out of' prong to legal causation," WCCA Spring Seminar, April 12, 2016
- "Vocational Eligibility and Rules Refresher," Oregon Claims School Seminar presented by Reinisch Wilson Weier PC, March 30, 2016
- "New Rules: Attorney Fees and Time Loss Benefits," client continuing education seminar, March 8, 2016
- "Penalty Avoidance: Potential Penalties," client continuing education seminar, September 10, September 21 and September 23, 2015
- "Willful Misrepresentation and Recovery of Overpayments," client continuing education seminar, June 2, 2015
- "Settlement Evaluation, Communication and Documentation," client continuing education seminar, June 10, 2015
- "Life of a Claim," client continuing education seminar, June 11, 2015
I am an avid outdoorsman with a love for the Pacific Northwest landscape. When I am not in the office, I am looking for my next camping or backpacking trip. I am also a rabid University of Oregon football fan.