I serve clients as both counselor and advocate. My role as counselor includes careful listening, evaluating issues, presenting options, explaining the law, and guiding decisions. As advocate, I promote my client’s position and zealously fight to serve their best interests based on the facts, circumstances and law as every case is different and should be evaluated on its own merits. I effectively serve clients as their counselor and advocate by being open and honest, direct and assured, detailed and decisive, reasonable and practical, and responsive and reliable. Those who know me know that my word means something and I do what I say I am going to do.
- Juris Doctor,William Mitchell College of Law, St. Paul, Minnesota, 2003
- Assistant Editor, William Mitchell Law Review
- Bachelor of Science, University of Minnesota-Twin Cities, Minneapolis, Minnesota, 1996
- Associate Degree, University of Wisconsin-Fox Valley, Menasha, Wisconsin, 1993
Memberships and Community
- Multnomah Bar Association
- Professionalism Committee
- Mentor Program
- Board Member, Girls on the Run Portland Metro
- Secretary, Oregon State Bar Unlawful Practice of Law Committee
- Oregon Women Lawyers
- Trial Judge, Lewis & Clark Law School Moot Court Mock Trial Competition
- Co-author, Rights of Veterans and Military Servicemembers. Oregon State Bar (2017 ed.)
Mary enjoys running (finishing nine marathons to date), gardening, hiking, tennis, gourmet cooking, reading and exploring Oregon.