Alexandra K. McLain
Alexandra “Ally” McLain is a litigation attorney in the firm’s Oregon practice group for workers’ compensation defense and is based in the Portland office. Ally joined Reinisch Wilson Weier PC in November 2018. Her practice is devoted to advising and representing the best interests of her clients in all aspects of workers’ compensation matters.
Following a Food Science Degree from Oregon State University, which included the opportunity to make 10 pound cheese wheels and test granola bars, Ally went on to obtain her Juris Doctor degree from Lewis & Clark College of Law to advise employers on regulatory matters.
During law school, she reviewed contracts as a legal intern at NAVEX Global and also assisted attorneys with a variety of tort, federal employment and land use matters for the Bonneville Power Administration. Ally also served as a Lead Articles Editor for the Lewis & Clark Law Review, as the Student Liaison for the Oregon State Bar New Tax Lawyer Committee and as the Secretary of the Business Law Society.
A successful workers’ compensation practice requires an understanding of the applicable law, open communication and attention to the unique aspects of each individual claim. I strive to meet my clients’ goals by using time and resources efficiently and ensuring communication is kept a priority.
- Juris Doctor (cum laude), Lewis & Clark College of Law, 2018
- Lewis & Clark Law Review
- Bachelor of Science (summa cum laude), Food Science and Technology, Oregon State University, 2014
- Chemistry minor
- Outstanding Senior Award, 2014
- Outstanding Junior Scholarship, 2013
Memberships and Community
- Oregon Women Lawyers
- Member, Multnomah County Bar Association
- Member, Oregon State Bar Association
- Member, Oregon State Bar Workers’ Compensation Section
Recent speaking engagements
- "Supremely Disappointing Decisions: Garcia-Solis and Caren V. Providence Health System Oregon,” client continuing education seminar, September 20, 2019
- "Oregon Board's Own Motion," client continuing education seminar, July 1, 2019
When not in the office, I enjoy spending time with my husband, daughter, and our extended family on both sides! I love running or cross training early in the morning, drinking iced Americanos, baking breads and pies, and cooking dinner.