Alysha Van Zante
Alysha Van Zante (she/her/hers) is an associate litigation attorney in the Washington practice group. She is based in the Portland office. Alysha’s practice is dedicated to advising and representing employers in all aspects of workers’ compensation matters. She is admitted to practice in both Washington and Oregon. She has practiced in state courts in Washington and Oregon, as well as the Oregon U.S. District Court. Alysha has mediation, private arbitration, and trial experience.
Before joining Reinisch Wilson Weier PC in 2021, Alysha worked as a litigation associate in a Portland-based firm focused on real property issues, business torts, and contract disputes. As a law student at Lewis & Clark Law School, she served the Lewis & Clark Law Review and enjoyed coursework such as Health Law and Policy. During law school, Alysha clerked for a Portland-based firm litigating franchising matters, commercial issues, and cases brought under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
Alysha always had an interest in going to medical school, and she pursued that passion as a hospital volunteer and research lab assistant. Although law school was a better fit for her skills in advocacy and persuasion, she is excited to explore the intersection between law and medicine.
With the understanding that clients operate in a fast-paced environment, where circumstances can change without warning, I offer clients prompt and pragmatic solutions. The big picture is at the forefront of my mind, even when providing detail-oriented and personalized legal advice. I build trust with clients by maintaining open communication and delivering favorable results. To provide the most effective advice, I continue to educate myself about changes in the legal and medical fields.
- Juris Doctor (Cum Laude), Lewis & Clark Law School, 2018
- Article Editor and Member, Lewis & Clark Law Review
- September 2016 Member of the Month, Lewis & Clark Law Review
- Community Service Honors Award
- Bachelor of Arts, International Studies and Spanish (Summa Cum Laude); Bachelor of Science, Economics (Summa Cum Laude), University of Idaho, 2015
- Honors program graduate
- Phi Beta Kappa Honor Society
- Gamma Phi Beta Sorority
- Study Abroad, Universidad Rey Juan Carlos, Madrid, Spain, Fall 2013
- Multnomah Bar Association
- Young Lawyers Section
- CLE Committee Member
- Oregon Women Lawyers
- Roberts & Diez Award Committee Member
- Lewis & Clark Law School Mentorship Program Mentor
- Spending time with her husband, friends, and family
- Caring for her cat
- Television shows such as Game of Thrones, The Office, New Girl and Parks & Rec
- House plants
- Hiking in Oregon and Washington
- Visiting new restaurants and breweries. Some of her favorites include: