Casondra J. Albrecht
Casondra Albrecht is an attorney in the firm’s workers’ compensation practice. Casondra rejoined Reinisch Wilson Weier PC where she was a legal secretary before beginning law school. She is resident in the Portland office.
Born and raised in a tiny town in central Utah, Casondra aspired to be a lawyer starting in the sixth grade when she made her first business card. After relocating to Oregon, Casondra completed her bachelor degree in the evenings while working for the firm. During law school, Casondra clerked for the Marion County District Attorney and in private practice with an employment lawyer. She also served as president of the Willamette Women’s Law Caucus, assisted the Legal Research and Writing class and wrote for Willamette Law Online. Casondra rejoined the firm in 2014 as a law clerk and joined the workers’ compensation practice upon admission to the Oregon State Bar later that year. She passed the Washington State Bar in 2015.
A successful workers’ compensation practice requires not only an understanding of the applicable law, but also the ability to help clients meet their goals. I serve my clients knowing they operate in a fast-paced field that requires focus on the details as well as the big picture. Communication is essential; I am always available to provide personalized attention and advice in a prompt manner.
In order to provide the most effective advice, I strive to continue to educate myself about changes in the legal and medical field. I understand every client has needs as unique as the claims themselves, and I develop defense strategies with those needs in mind.
- Juris Doctor, Willamette University College of Law, 2014
- Bachelor of Science, Criminal Justice, ITT Technical Institute, 2010
Memberships and Community
- Oregon Women Lawyers
- Mary Leonard Law Society
- Multnomah County Bar Association
- Oregon State Bar Workers’ Compensation Section
- "Survivor benefits and HELSA in Washington," August 3, 2021
- "New law radiates from firefighter’s presumption," March 21, 2018
- "You’re not the boss of me: when Washington claimants don’t cooperate," June 6, 2016
- "Case Law Update: Washington Supreme Court reverses lower court decision in Boeing & Doss v. DLI," June 26, 2015
- "Independent contractor or covered worker? Check the Washington law," May 19, 2015
- "Timely protests and appeals to Washington Department orders," February 4, 2015
Recent speaking topics
- "Claims Resolution Options - Strategies for Employers," Washington Virtual CE presented by Reinisch Wilson Weier PC, January 27, 2021
- "Washington Pre-Certification Review: Time-Loss and LEP Calculations," client continuing education seminar, November 21, 2019, December 3, 2019, February 25, 2020 and March 4, 2020
- "New Washington Department of Labor and Industries Rules and Templates: A Panel Discussion with Kelli Zimmerman," the Washington Claims School Seminar presented by Reinisch Wilson Weier PC, September 19, 2019
- "A Mock Washington Workers' Compensation Hearing," Washington Self-Insurers Association Annual Conference, May 9, 2018 and at the Washington Claims School Seminar presented by Reinisch Wilson Weier PC, September 12, 2018
- "Washington Workers' Compensation 101," client continuing education January 31, 2018, client continuing education seminar July 25, 2018 and client webinar June 27, 2018
- "Game of Compensability: Comparing, contrasting compensability issues in Washington and Oregon," WCCA Fall Seminar, October 10, 2017, Washington Self-Insurers Association Webinar, June 19, 2017; Washington Self-Insurers Association Annual Conference, May 11, 2017; and, client continuing education September 22 and 28, 2017
- "May It Please the Court: a panel discussion on motion practice," Oregon Women Lawyers Mary Leonard Chapter, Salem, April 13, 2017
- "You’re not the boss of me: when claimants don’t cooperate," client continuing education seminar, April 26, 2017, June 7, 2017 and December 4, 2018
- "2015 Significant Decisions of the Washington Court of Appeals and Supreme Court," Washington Claims School Seminar presented by Reinisch Wilson Weier PC, June 8, 2016