David Wilson has been with Reinisch Wilson Weier PC for over 30 years since graduating from Willamette Law School in 1982. Mr. Wilson’s practice focuses on the defense of insurers and employers in Oregon workers’ compensation matters, with an emphasis in dealing with highly complex cases.
David E. Wilson
Each client deserves a thorough assessment of their particular problem or issue, and a focused plan of action to expedite resolution.
I strongly believe in a team approach for every case, emphasizing resources at the disposal of the client, as well as within our firm. A team approach consistently yields a greater development of options available to secure a positive outcome. Moreover, by closely involving clients in the development of options and strategies, we are able to ensure that we are at all times proceeding in accordance with the client’s objectives and goals, particularly those objectives and goals concerning cost containment.
With more than three decades of legal practice, I offer clients considerable experience and insight into workers’ compensation matters and strategy development for effective claim resolution. I am grateful for the relationships and trust earned over this time period, and look forward to sharing my experience with and forging value-added relationships with new clients.
- Juris Doctor, Willamette University College of Law, 1982
- Bachelor of Arts (with honors), Portland State University, 1979
- "You are an Oregon claims adjuster and you’ve just received a subpoena to testify at hearing! Oh joy!," July 17, 2018
- "Insurers could potentially see monthly bills—even absent a litigated dispute—from claimants’ attorneys, as part of Oregon House Bill 2764," April 28, 2015
- "A Simple Equation Complicates Combined Condition Processing," April 29, 2014
Recent speaking topics
- "Point-Counterpoint: Opposing counsel tactics," (co-presented with claimants' counsel Chris Moore of Moore & Jensen, Eugene, Oregon), the Oregon Claims School presented by Reinisch Wilson Weier PC March 20, 2018
- "The Rehabilitation of Brown v. SAIF," client continuing education seminar, May 8, 2017, and May 31, 2017
- "New Rules and Pain Points: Division 60 and other 2017 changes you need to know," client continuing education seminar, February 22, 2017
- "New Rules: Attorney Fees and Time Loss Benefit," client continuing education seminar, March 8, 2016
- "Higher Conflict and Controversy: Medical and Recreational Marijuana in the Workplace," Oregon Self-Insurers Association 2015 Annual Conference, July 23, 2015
- "New Oregon Claim Closure Rules," client continuing education seminar, April 24, 2015 and June 17, 2015
- "Evaluating a Claim for Settlement," Oregon Claims School Seminar presented by Reinisch Wilson Weier PC, March 13, 2015
- "Claim Processing Tips in Response to Administrative Rule Amendments and Case Law Developments," client continuing education seminar, February 23, 2015
- "Back to Basics: a review of time limits and required actions,” client continuing education seminar, October 7, 2014
- "Own Motion Overview," client continuing education seminar, October 3, 2014
- “Claim Processing Tips in Response to Statutory Amendments and Case Law Developments,” Oregon Self-Insurers Association Annual Conference, July 14. 2014 and client continuing education seminar, September 18, 2014
- “Communicating with IME Providers,” client continuing education seminar, June 26, 2014
- “Return to work,” client continuing education seminar, October 25, 2013
- Spending time with family
- The outdoors
- A never-ending addiction to football
- Homeowners’ association volunteer
- Political junkie
- Persevering Portland Trailblazer fan