Jennifer L. Truong
Jennifer L. Truong is a litigator in the firm’s Washington practice. Jennifer provides defense services under the Washington Workers’ Compensation and Washington Industrial Safety and Health acts. Before joining the firm, Jennifer represented employers before the Board of Industrial Insurance Appeals and Superior Courts and also provided corporate counsel services to a broad range of industries including hospitality, construction, transportation, staffing and healthcare. Jennifer joined Reinisch Wilson Weier PC in 2015.
Jennifer graduated from the University of Washington where she received a bachelor’s degree in Communications with a minor in Political Science. She then attended Seattle University School of Law where she received her Juris Doctorate with honors.
I enjoy working as a team with my clients to achieve efficient resolution of their legal needs. On a daily basis I strive to provide exceptional legal advice and litigation services based upon the strategic goals of each client. This is achieved through preparation and aggressive advocacy. My approach to client service is to maintain ongoing communication by being accessible and responsive.
- Juris Doctor (cum laude), Seattle University School of Law, 2007
- Bachelor of Arts, Communications (Political Science minor), University of Washington, 2004
Memberships and Community
- International District Legal Clinic Volunteer, King County Bar Association
- Member, WSBA Labor and Employment Law Section, 2007 to present
- Executive Board Member, Greater Seattle Chamber of Commerce, 2011-13
- Board Member, Vietnamese American Bar Association, 2011-13
- "The Washington DOSH Naughty List: Insight into the Severe Violator Enforcement Program," September 20, 2018
- "Surprise! You have been selected for a Washington workers’ compensation audit," June 7, 2017
- "WISHA safety investigations: when to seek legal guidance, Part 1: initial inspections," September 3, 2015
- "WISHA safety investigations: when to seek legal guidance, Part 2: appeal process overview," October 20, 2015
- "Washington Division of Occupational Safety and Health to increase WISHA penalties," August 20, 2015
Recent speaking engagements
- "Significant cases of the Washington Board of Industrial Insurance Appeals," 2018 Washington Claims School, presented by Reinisch Wilson Weier PC, September 12, 2018
- "Top Strategies for Appealing Safety Citations," BIIA Workshop, Washington Self-Insurers Association, June 8, 2017
- "Washington Self-Insurers Association Webinar: Better Safe Than Sorry," January 12, 2016
- Washington “Rising Star,” Super Lawyer Magazine, 2013
Jennifer enjoys spending time with family, sewing clothes for her Yorkshire Terrier and attending yoga and pilates classes.