Karen Varney defends employers, insurers, and third party claims administrators regarding Oregon workers’ compensation matters. She has been defending Oregon employers since 2001, and started with Reinisch Wilson Weier PC in 2014.
Karen S. Varney
Workers’ compensation law is never stagnant or simple. My goal is to provide concise, cost-effective, prompt and up-to-date legal analysis to my clients. I believe a successful defense requires taking the time to understand the unique nuances of each claim and being readily accessible to address the concerns of clients. Such an approach determines whether the most favorable outcome for the client will be achieved through aggressive litigation or a carefully considered settlement.
- Juris Doctor, Lewis and Clark Law School, 2001
- Bachelor of Arts (with honors), University of California at Santa Cruz, 1997
- Oregon Women Lawyers
- Oregon State Bar Workers’ Compensation Section
- "When is fear of retaliation good cause for not timely reporting an injury in Oregon?" April 19, 2018
- "Oregon Supreme Court Reverses Smothers", July 21, 2016
- "Prior hernia not a legally recognized preexisting condition in Oregon", July 21, 2015