Mary F. Hannon
Mary Hannon is a litigation attorney in the firm’s Washington practice group for workers’ compensation defense and is based in the Portland office. Mary joined Reinisch Wilson Weier PC in June 2016. Her practice is devoted to communicating, advising and representing the best interests of her clients in all aspects of workers’ compensation matters. Mary is also admitted to practice in Oregon and Maryland.
While studying at the University of Baltimore in Maryland, Mary gained significant legal experience through various internships, including interning for the Baltimore City Circuit Court, Baltimore City State’s Attorney’s Office Homicide Division, Montgomery County State’s Attorney’s Office Family Violence Division and the Federal Public Defender’s Office.
Upon returning to Portland, Oregon, after obtaining her juris doctorate, Mary worked as a Special Prosecutor and volunteer clerk at the Multnomah County District Attorney’s Office where she prepared and prosecuted misdemeanor jury trial cases. From there, Mary transitioned to civil litigation, working first at a civil foreclosure firm representing financial institutions and corporate entities in foreclosures followed by an insurance defense firm representing companies along with insureds of large insurance carriers against claims involving products liability, premises liability and claims arising from the alleged negligent use of motor vehicles.
An effective and successful strategy with regard to workers’ compensation requires an understanding of the applicable law, open communication, attention to detail and an understanding that each claim requires individualized attention and care. With these in mind, I make a point of ensuring I am accessible to my clients as they are my first priority. In addition, I am detail-oriented and understand that each claim is unique and may require a specifically-tailored approach. Whether litigating, aggressively processing a claim or achieving a settlement, I know every claim requires a fresh perspective to achieve the best outcome for my client.
- Juris Doctor, University of Baltimore School of Law, 2012
- Bachelor of Arts, History; minor, Political Science, University of Portland, 2008
Memberships and Community
- Member, Oregon Women Lawyers
- Member, Multnomah County Bar Association
- Member, Oregon State Bar Association
- Member, Washington State Bar Association
Recent speaking engagements
- "Significant Decisions of the Washington Court of Appeals and Supreme Court," Washington Claims School presented Reinisch Wilson Weier PC, September 12, 2018
- "Claim Resolution: Permanent Total Disability/Combined Effects Pensions," co-presented with LaNae Lien, Claims Manager, Washington Department of Labor and Industries, 2017 Washington Claims School presented Reinisch Wilson Weier PC, June 14, 2017
- "Get it Back! Recovering Workers' Compensation Overpayments," client continuing education seminar, June 7, 2017
I am an outdoors enthusiast who, when not at my desk, can be found hiking, backpacking and camping on the many Pacific Northwest trails with my husband and dog. My favorite spots include Soda Peaks Lake, Goat Rocks Wilderness and Lake Wapiki, all located in or near the Gifford Pinchot National Forest in Washington. I love to travel, having recently visited Italy and France and previously Singapore, Malaysia, Mexico and Costa Rica.
I also support prison-based dog training programs, a program in which my own dog, Sir Henry, participated prior to his adoption.