Rebecca L. Fey
Rebecca Fey is a litigation attorney in the Oregon workers’ compensation practice group based in Portland, Oregon. Prior to joining the firm, Rebecca practiced as a civil litigator here in Portland.
Rebecca, a native of the Midwest, earned a bachelor’s degree in Marketing in 2011 from Iowa State University. She then received concurrent Juris Doctor and Master of Business Administration degrees in 2015 from the University of South Dakota.
While at the University of South Dakota, Rebecca spent her time participating on the Moot Court Board, Trial Team, writing for different publications, and working as a Graduate Assistant in the Office of Student Services. She also clerked during law school at the Federal Public Defender for the Northern District of Iowa in Sioux City, Iowa, as well as the Environmental Law and Policy Center in Chicago, Illinois.
As an athlete growing up, I learned that the keys to success on the court were preparation for the task at hand and communication with my teammates. I view my litigation practice through the same lens.
Efficient and effective preparation for a case requires attention to detail and skills in information gathering. I strive to master the relevant facts of each unique situation so as to best counsel my clients regarding strategy and potential risks.
I understand that new information or issues arise throughout a case, oftentimes without warning. As a result, open communication is hugely important to ensuring that litigation strategy stays on track, minimizing client exposure and costs. I am committed to being available and accessible to my clients.
- Juris Doctor, The University of South Dakota School of Law, 2015
- Donald E. O’Brien Scholar
- Recipient of the Horace R. and Dorothy L. Jackson Memorial Award
- Grant Recipient of the Public Interest Law Initiative
- Member, Moot Court Team
- Member, Trial Team
- Masters of Business Administration, The University of South Dakota Beacom School of Business, 2015
- Bachelor of Science, Iowa State University, 2011
Memberships and Community
- Member, Oregon State Bar
- Member, Multnomah Bar Association
- Young Lawyers Section, Membership Committee Member
- Member, Oregon Women Lawyers
- St. Andrew Legal Clinic
- Night Clinic Volunteer
- Race for Justice Committee
Recent speaking engagements
- "Back to Basics: Average Weekly Wage, Time Loss Processing and the 3-Day Waiting Period," client continuing education seminar, October 5, 2018
- "Drafting Independent Medical Examination Cover Letters," client continuing education seminar, August 24, 2018 and September 14, 2018
I spend my free time with my friends and family, including my mischievous cat, Duke. I enjoy all things entertainment-related. If I’m not in a theater seeing the newest blockbuster, I am probably searching for a local concert. Prior to taking the bar exam here in Oregon, I spent my free time “acting” as an extra in a few Portland-based television shows (yes, Portlandia and Grimm) in order to get my entertainment fix.